Friday was midsummer’s eve, probably the most celebrated event in the Swedish calendar. People head to their summer cottages, gather with family and friends, eat herring, drink snaps, sing songs and stay up too late. It ranks fairly low on my list of highlights of the year; way behind wedding anniversary, Christmas and summer holiday, but we had fun anyway, and spent it with a nice bunch of people. Read more » >>
Tag archives for spring onions
- 1½ liters (6 cups) of fresh morels, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4dl (1¾ cups) cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- white pepper
- sourdough bread, fried in butter
- slices of smoked turkey breast
- 2 scallions, shredded
- Heat the butter in a skillet and add the shallots.
- Fry the shallots without letting it to color, then add the morels so they get a nice browning.
- Add the cream and let it reduce.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Add the creamy morels on butter fried sourdough bread.
- Top with slices of smoked turkey breast and sliced scallions.