There is very little in my expat’s fond-memory-bank that says home more than a pork pie. I introduced them to Pia last summer, on our tour of the motherland, and she loved them. That’s why I decided it was high time to make my own – using the finest farm-raised Swedish pork, of course Read more » >>
Tag archives for pastry
- 150g (5¼ oz) butter at room temperature
- 2dl (1 cup) sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 3½dl (1½ cups) rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cold brewed coffee
- 2dl (1 cup) shredded coconut
- Mix all the ingredients together except the coconut.
- Roll into balls and then roll the balls in the coconut.
- Chill in the fridge before serving.
- 1dl (½ cup) Sea buckthorn purée
- 3 eggs
- 120g (4¼ oz) sugar
- 150g (5¼ oz) butter
- Bring the purée, sugar and egg to the boil during constant whisking.
- Pour in a blender and blend with the butter and chill.
- Serve in a mini tartelette pastry and top with fresh raspberries.
Our Sundays have been in turmoil in recent weeks. First, I switched our sacred roast chicken for grilled, and now the last of the decent floury-potatoes for roast tatties have all but given up the fight against the armies of new potatoes that swamp the shops this time of year. Read more » >>