A few months ago a colleague and I started an unofficial, fairly impromptu food sharing scheme. Ok, scheme doesn’t sound too unofficial. In reality, we both have an interest in food and we have exchanged leftovers a few times. Read more » >>
Tag archives for goat cheese
Yesterday I bought two pairs of socks and a pizza stone. I’ve got one of the pairs of socks on today; the green pair. I couldn’t wait nearly as long to try the pizza stone; that was much more exciting, so we had pizza for dinner. Read more » >>
I had a bit of a moment in the supermarket the other day. I saw red; literally: big, beautiful piles of Swedish beetroot. Dark purple, delicious, golf-ball-sized, earthy beets, with crisp green leaves still attached. I love beetroot; I just had to buy them right there and then. Read more » >>
- 20 thick asparagus, peeled
- 20 slices air-dried ham
- 100g (3½ oz) wild garlic
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2dl (1 cup) cream
- 50ml (¼ cup) milk
- 200g (7 oz) good goat cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon gelespesa/xantana
- Warm up all ingredients for the mousse in a saucepan, and mix it completely smooth.
- Cool and fill up the siphon.
- Charge with two cartridges, shake! Serve at room temperature.
- Cook the asparagus al dente in salted water.
- Roast the wild garlic very quickly, in a splash of oil, in a saucepan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the air-dreid ham and siphon the mousse into the rolls.
- Serve immediately with the asparagus cut in slices and the wild garlic on the side!
- Unfiltered fresh apple juice.