- 500 g (1 lb) dill herring
- 10 hard-boiled country eggs
- 2 dl (1 cup) mayonnaise
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of chives, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of dill, finely chopped
- 1 dl (½ cup) crème fraiche
- 20 small new potatoes
- 30 pcs handmade crisp bread
- Chop the dill herring and the hard-boiled eggs into small cubes.
- Finely chop the red onions, chives and dill.
- Place the chopped herring, eggs, onions, chives and dill in a bowl.
- Mix them together with the mayonnaise.
- Boil the new potatoes, let them cool and then slice them.
- Add the slices of new potato on top of the crisp bread. Top it with ”gubbröra” and garnish with dill and a little crème fraiche.
The dish is presented on the cutting board Picknick Dill from textile producer Almedahls, founded in 1846. The design for Picknick Dill was created by Marianne Westman in the 1950s.
This starter was created by top Swedish chef Gustav Trägårdh. Gustav Trägårdh was nominated Swedish chef of the year in 2010 and is head chef at the legendary seafood restaurant Sjömagasinet in Gothenburg.