- 150g (5¼ oz) well-drained bleak roe
- 4 tablespoons good or preferably homemade mayonnaise
- 2dl (1 cup) sour cream (30%)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated horseradish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon honey
- juice of ½ lemon
- freshly ground black pepper and some salt
- Mix everything and season with salt and pepper. Let it stand in the refrigerator for at least three hours before the serving, to let all the flavors marry! Serve together with salmon pâté.
The dish was created by Ulf Wagner, who is a well-known restauranteur in Sweden. His establishments have included Grythyttan as well as numerous restaurants in Göteborg: The Place, Göstas, Fiskekrogen and Basement. Today, Ulf runs the legendary restaurant Sjömagasinet in Gothenburg.
The dish is presented on the cutting board Sill (Herring) from textile producer Almedahls, founded in 1846 in Örgryte, just outside Göteborg. The design for Sill was created by Marianne Nilsson.