The Nobel Week Dialogue is an annual one-day event held during the Nobel week. This year’s event is held in Gothenburg on 9 December and is on the topic of “The Future of Intelligence”.
Experience a day of stimulating discussions at the highest level together with Nobel Laureates, the world’s leading scientists and experts, key opinion leaders and policy makers. By bridging science and society, it’s an opportunity to stimulate thinking, excite imagination and inspire greatness! More information to come at www.nobelweekdialogue.org.
As an SI alumnus you can apply to attend the event and get your travel and accommodation costs covered by the Swedish Institute! This year a maximum of 30 alumni will have the opportunity to attend.
Date: 9 December (In addition, SI will likely organise an alumni-NFGL mingle on 8 December and possibly other surrounding activities)
Venue: The Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre “Svenska Mässan”, Gothenburg
Requirements and details:
- Apply by filling out this form: https://www.netigate.se/a/s.aspx?s=237508X39993839X78562
- Application period: 5-18 October, 2015
- This opportunity is open to SI alumni only. An SI alumnus is a former Swedish Institute scholarship holder, recipient of the Global Swede Award, participant of the Swedish Institute’s leadership programmes for Northern Europe and recipients of the Swedish Institutes Baltic Sea Unit grants.
- Successful candidates get a guaranteed seat at the Nobel Week Dialogue, travel to and from Gothenburg and accommodation in Gothenburg. All other expenses must be covered by the alumnus.
- A maximum of 30 Alumni will be awarded
- Attendance at the Nobel Week Dialogue is free of charge, but the number of seats is limited. The Swedish Institute has reserved seats for SI alumni. Successful applicants will be registered directly by SI to the event organisers.
- Assessment and selection of candidates: SI will make the selection based on the thematic focus, region, relevance and the motivation statement in the application. If you have already received support from SI earlier this year, your application may not be prioritized.
- Successful candidates are insured against acute illness and accident during the stay in Sweden, through the Swedish State Group Insurance and Personal insurance by the Swedish Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency (Kammarkollegiet)
- Successful candidates will be notified no later than 30 October.
After the event
We will ask you to send us a report, one page, no later than 2 weeks after your participation at to firstname.lastname@example.org
Since we can only offer a limited number of seats, and out of respect to other applicants, we ask you to please check your work/study/research schedule carefully before registering to avoid scheduling conflicts and late cancellations. If you for some reason (illness etc.) are unable to attend the conference, the travel grant has to be returned to SI.
If you have any questions concerning this announcement, or the Swedish Institute Alumni Network in general, please contact SI at email@example.com