Are you living in Belarus and are interested in sustainability issues? SI alumnus Katsiaryna Syrayezhkina is organising a seminar on the topic “Sustainable lifestyle: small actions, big difference?” on 16 September in Minsk. Below is an invitation for all SI alumni and scholarship holders!
Dear Swedish Institute Alumni and Scholarship Holders, We hereby have the pleasure to invite you to the seminar ‘’Sustainable lifestyle: small actions, big difference?’’ which will take place on September 16th (14.00-18.00) The event is organised in cooperation with the Association of European Business and ODB Brussels.
Every day we make decisions about the way we live, but unfortunately, we often make wrong choices. The way we eat and live in our homes, what we buy, consume and waste, and how we move around account for significant impacts. Our mistakes make life less healthy, and have a negative impact on the world we all live in.
During the event the speakers along with the participants will discuss barriers, triggers and motivators on the way to healthier choices and a better quality of life while minimizing the use of natural resources and toxic materials and developing more sustainable ways to fulfill our needs.
The seminar will include the following presentations:
- Sustainable lifestyle (Swedish experience), Mr. Fredrik Björk, Lecturer at Malmö University (Sweden)
- Ecological footprint of a person. Eco-friendly initiatives in Belarus, Ms. Darya Chumakova, Deputy Head of the Center for Environmental Solutions
- Sustainable consumption (Swedish experience), Mr. Matthias Lehner, Research Associate at the International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics at Lund University (Sweden)
- Sustainable mobility, Ms. Valentina Leonchik, Deputy Chairman of the Belarusian Union of Transport Workers
- Energy efficient housing, Mr. Mikhail Onufriev, Energy and Climate Projects Assistant at Ecopartnership
An excursion to BelVTI will be organised on the same day.
When: Wednesday, September 16th, 11.00-12.00 (excursion), 14.00-18.00 (seminar)
The number of seats is limited. Please register through this form no later than 12 September to confirm your attendance:
For registration or questions regarding this event, please contact Katsiaryna Syrayezhkina.