Please find below an invitation from Ye Tian of the Sweden Alumni Network in China (SANC) to an event in Beijing next week, 12 March. Ye Tian was given a grant in the second of to calls to organise an alumni event in 2014.
Sweden Alumni Network in China (SANC), in partnership with the Embassy of Sweden and the Swedish Institute is pleased to host a training session, which will focus on Cross-Cultural Communication Skills on Thursday, 12 March.
Effective Cross-Cultural Communication is becoming the new norm; given that today’s business environment spans numerous cultures by expanding to various regions and countries. Good Cross-Cultural Communication Skills make it easier to promote businesses to different geographic locations and work with different individuals productively and effectively.
*Notice: There are 20 open spots for our Alumni.
Benefits of this session:
In this session, you will learn
- Dimensions of culture and how to enhance teamwork
- Patterns of thinking logic and how to improve working relationships with foreign colleagues
- How to improve your cross-cultural communication skills
- Practical tactics in improve listening, logical thinking and presenting ideas
By analyzing practical cases and following the strategies, you will also have an efficient working environment and maintain healthy relationship in your workplace that benefits your career.
It is also a great opportunity to expand your network within the Swedish alumni and the Embassy.
* Concepts and Theories: what does culture mean to us?
* Understand dimensions of culture: how are we different from each other?
* Understand how cultural differences impact our business and communication across boarders
* Bridging the cultural differences
* How to be more culturally aware and intelligent?
* Practical tools when working with colleagues/clients from another culture
Profile of trainer- John Fu
John Fu is a senior consultant with BroadSight Consulting. He has management consulting and coaching experience from the US, Europe and China. In the past 10 years, he has coached over 2000 professionals in these regions covering areas including cross-cultural management, global team building and leadership development. Such clients include large number companies, among others there are: General Electric, Novartis, Lego, HUAWEI, Tsingtao, Novo Nordisk, and IKEA.
The session is a 3-hour-event from 1:30 PM-4:30 PM which will be held at the Embassy of Sweden. Fika will be provided during the break. The session is bilingual.
Fee of the session: Free
Minimum 3 years of work experience and have been exposed to different working cultural would be highly suggested, as case studies will be included in this session.
SANC, Embassy of Sweden, Swedish Institute
Embassy of Sweden, No. 3 Dongzhimenwai Dajie, Sanlitun
How to register:
Please send your name, telephone number, e-mail address, occupation, company name, and years of working to sure.gao (a) sanc.org.cn to register. You will receive an e-mail to confirm your participation soon later.