Within SI Alumni Forum, the Swedish Institute offers workshops, seminars and network events only and exclusively for SI Alumni, i.e. former SI scholarship holders.
Meet Nobel Laureates and experts! Meet and engage with a unique constellation of Nobel Laureates, world-leading scientists and thought leaders in a dialogue on the opportunities and challenges of an ageing world.
The Nobel Week Dialogue is a one day annual event taking place during the Nobel Week, held in Sweden and organised by Nobel Media AB. This year’s meeting – #nobeldialogue – is on the theme of ageing, and will be hosted in Stockholm on 9 December. This initiative aims to allow the public to meet and engage with a unique constellation of Nobel Laureates, world-leading scientists and thought leaders in a dialogue on the opportunities and challenges of an ageing world. For more information visit http://www.nobelweekdialogue.org/
This year we will be able to offer up to 10-15 SI Alumni a guaranteed seat at the Nobel Week Dialogue and a travel grant (See Requirements and details below) to cover costs in connection to these events. Note that all other costs exceeding the grant must be covered by you yourself.
Stockholm City Conference Centre. Address: Folkets Hus, Barnhusgatan 12-14, Stockholm. http://www.stoccc.se/en/
The Stockholm City Conference Centre is located in the centre of Stockholm, by the Norra Bantorget Square
Requirements and details:
- Application made only by using this link: https://www.netigate.se/a/s.aspx?s=178594X8127
- Application period: 3-15 October, 2014
- The grant consists of two parts:
- A guaranteed seat at the Nobel Dialogue Week on 9 December
- Travel grant – successful candidates from:
- Europe (incl. Azerbajdzjan, Armenia, Georgia and Turkey) receives SEK 5,000.
- Other countries receives SEK 10,000
- Sweden receives SEK 2,000 if residing outside the greater Stockholm/Uppsala area
- A maximum of 10-15 Alumni will be awarded.
- In general; attendance at the Nobel Week Dialogue is free of charge, but the number of seats are limited. SI has managed to reserve seats for our SI alumni. If you are a successful candidate in this call, you are guaranteed a place. SI will register your name directly to the event organizers.
- Assessment and selection of candidates: SI will make the selection based on the thematic focus, region, relevance and the motivation statement in the application. If you have already received support from SI earlier this year, your application may not be prioritized.
- NOTE! Successful candidates arrange their own travel, accommodation and Visa application procedures etc.
- Successful candidates are insured against acute illness and accident during the stay in Sweden, through the Swedish State Group Insurance and Personal insurance by the Swedish Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency (Kammarkollegiet)
- Successful candidates will be notified on October 30 by e-mail together with an invitation letter for Visa purposes, a decision letter and a bank form to be filled in and returned to SI.
After the event
We will ask you to send us a report, one page, no later than 2 weeks after your participation at to firstname.lastname@example.org
Since we can only offer a limited number of seats, and out of respect to other applicants, we ask you to please check your work/study/research schedule carefully before registering to avoid scheduling conflicts and late cancellations. If you for some reason (illness etc.) are unable to attend the conference, the travel grant has to be returned to SI.
If you have any questions concerning this announcement, or the Swedish Institute Alumni Network in general, please contact SI at email@example.com