Please note that due to previous problems with the online registration link we have updated the registration link below and extended the application period until 7 July. If you have any questions regarding your application, please do not hesitate to contact The SI Alumni Team.
Within SI Alumni Forum, the Swedish Institute offers workshops, seminars and network events only and exclusively for SI Alumni, i.e. former SI scholarship holders.
In this invitation you can apply for a seat at the international World Water Week conference, which will be held in Stockholm 31 August – 5 September 2014.
World Water Week is organized by the Stockholm International Water Institute. This year´s theme is Energy and Water. Please browse the conference web site to find out more about the event and this year´s theme: www.worldwaterweek.org
This year we will be able to offer up to 10 SI Alumni a full conference pass and a travel grant (See Requirements and details below) to cover costs in connection to this conference. Note that all other costs exceeding the grant must be covered by you yourself.
Priority will be given to applicants with a background in areas related to the conference theme: water management, hydropower, urban development, climate change, energy policy and governance, economics and finance, access and poverty and the post 2015 development agenda, and environmental law.
Requirements and details:
- Apply by clicking the following link: https://www.netigate.se/a/s.aspx?s=166302X4365
- Application period: 12 June – 7 July, 2014
- The grant consists of two parts:
- Conference fee – which is paid directly by SI to the conference organizers
- Travel grant- successful candidates from:
- Europe (incl. Azerbajdzjan, Armenia, Georgia and Turkey) receives SEK 5,000.
- Other countries receives SEK 10,000
- Sweden receives SEK 1,000 if residing outside the greater Stockholm/Uppsala area
- A maximum of 10 Alumni will be awarded the conference pass with a travel grant.
- Assessment and selection of candidates: SI will make the selection based on the thematic focus, region, relevance and the motivation statement in the application.
- Successful candidates arrange their own travel, accommodation and Visa application procedures etc.
- Successful candidates are insured against acute illness and accident during the stay in Sweden, through the Swedish State Group Insurance and Personal insurance by the Swedish Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency (Kammarkollegiet)
- Successful candidates will be notified before 25 July by e-mail together with an invitation letter for Visa purposes, a decision letter and a bank form to be filled in and returned to SI.
After the event
We will ask you to send us a report (max.500 characters) no later than 2 weeks after the World Water Week.
Since we can only offer a limited number of seats, and out of respect to other applicants, we ask you to please check your work/study/research schedule carefully before registering to avoid scheduling conflicts and late cancellations. If you for some reason (illness etc.) are unable to attend the conference, the travel grant has to be returned to SI.
If you have any questions concerning this announcement, or the Swedish Institute Alumni Network in general, please contact the SI Alumni Team.