The Swedish Institute is glad to invite you to the next alumni-initiated event. The seminar “The Right to Health in Ukraine” will be held on 25 November in Kyiv and is organized by a team of former scholarship holders within the SI Visby Programme.
Any person who belongs to any of the following categories, may participate in this and similar alumni-initiated events:
- Former (and current) Swedish Institute scholarship & grant holders
- SI Management Programme Northern Europe Alumni
- Previous participants of the Swedish Institute Summer University
- Alumni of Swedish language studies in Belarus, Georgia and Ukraine
- Representatives (or associates) of SI-supported local centers, universities/colleges, for Swedish language and Scandinavian studies
- Former participants, managers and/or associates of projects previously arranged by SI (within e.g. the Visby Programme, Creative Force etc.)
- Local experts in the spheres of thematic relevance for the event
- Distinguished guests of importance for the work of the alumni network
Please see the event information below:
We invite the Swedish Institute alumni and other interested people to attend the seminar entitled “The Right to Health in Ukraine“.
This event will be focused on:
- the human rights problems in Ukraine, particularly, those related to the right to health (analysed by the experts); and
- the comparison of the approaches to healthcare in Sweden and Ukraine (drawn from the SI alumni’s personal experience).
The objectives to be attained include:
- to promote the healthy way of life;
- to raise the human rights awareness of the SI alumni and the general public by involving them in the discussion of current human rights problems, in particular, the right to health;
- to strengthen the networking among the SI alumni in Ukraine;
- to facilitate the recruitment of motivated volunteers for Ukrainian NGOs, particularly, those which advocate for the right to health protection.
This event consists of two parts:
A. Seminar (90 min):
- introduction (5 min)
- welcome speech by the representative of the Swedish Embassy in Ukraine (5 min)
- presentations (45 min)
- discussion (30 min)
- conclusions (5 min)
B. Fika (30 min).
The working language is Ukrainian.
For more information on the event ant to register your attendance please visit the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/events/532708406821216/?ref_dashboard_filter=calendar